During your time in Guasa, you will work within the local school system teaching English. Depending on your schedule, you may travel to several rural communities and/or run evening classes for adults and young people at your discretion. To find out more information on these projects please see our projects page.
Aim of role:
To work within the local school environment to teach and administer effective English classes with the aim of improving English language teaching, learning and awareness in Ramón Santana as well as providing continuity with the organisation’s summer programs.
- pay for their own travel to and from the Dominican Republic
- pay for their own leisure expenses
- comply with the responsibilities detailed in the role descriptions
- find 5 new members to join Supporting Guasa
- pay a deposit of $150 (USD) which will be paid back upon arrival in the Dominican Republic and once the 5 new members have joined. We ask for a deposit to ensure we only get volunteers who are fully committed to volunteering with us.